At Final Strike Games we are passionate about quality, consistency and creating fun games. QA Testers are responsible for not only their work but also the success of the team at large. QA Testers must enjoy working closely with engineers, artists and designers to gather and document bugs in priority systems. Also must have the adaptability to frequently change testing focus as needed.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily Build Verification Test (BVT) Report: Report of the overnight cooked build that’s generated by the test team each day. Send BVT results to the BVT channel in Slack from each member of the team, rotating daily.
- Black Box Testing:Test the build on an end user platform, i.e. PC, Xbox or PS4. Testing will not occur in the editor. Each tester is expected to be familiar with every platform on a basic level i.e. being able to setup and test the daily build on any specific platform.
- Build walkthrough's: Build walkthrough lists are regularly created from review sessions. Lists are divided by team members and each issue / tasks is appropriately logged.
- Trello Board:Each team member is required to regularly check their personal trello board. Tasks are assigned by the QA Lead and organized in priority by color. (Black is most important, Red is second most important).
- Log Tasks
- Verify Bug Fixes:After a bug has been marked as fixed, the tester will verify that the bug is fixed in the first daily build made after the fix was checked in.
- Verify Task Completion:After a task has been marked done, the tester will go and verify that the task is complete in the first daily build made after the task work was checked in.
- Create BVT Templates:The BVT report will have a template that the test team will fill out each day when running their BVT tests.
- Create Bugging Process Documentation
- Create and Execute Test Passes
- Bug Database Management and Maintenance
- Monthly One on One: Each team member will participate in a one on one meeting with the QA Lead monthly. These meetings are used to discuss member performance, and to bring attention to any possible issues.
- Areas of Ownership:Each team member will be given specific areas of ownership by the QA Lead. Each team member is expected to be very knowledgeable for each of their assigned areas of the game, and to stay up to date with new features of their specific areas as they are added.
- Management of Playtest Environment : Get builds onto the playtest machines each morning based off of the results from the BVT report. Lab is prepared and ready for any playtests or reviews that are requested by other FSG employees.
- Playtest Notes and Participation: During playtests, notes will be taken by a member of the test team. A daily playtest is expected to be ran every day (If the build status permits) Once the playtest is complete, the notes will be written into bugs or tasks and then sent to the appropriate person.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- Reliable and capable of working any mandatory overtime, which can occur during the work week, weekends and occasional holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs
- Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Outlook, and Database software
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’re currently operating under a work-from-home model and even so, we're still interviewing and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start as a remote position which will transition to a more standard office position when it's perfectly safe to do so, based on science and best health practices. We understand people's circumstances may vary and will work with you to explore the best possible solutions for your individual needs during the pandemic.
About Final Strike Games:
Final Strike Games is a multiplayer focused game studio founded by industry veterans. FSG is currently developing for PC and Console. For more information please visit www.finalstrikegames.com
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.